Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"The Final Countdown" Sheet Music For Trumpet

final countdown sheet music

I don't know how this happened, but it did, and I am so in love with it. If you have come here looking for trumpet sheet music for "The Final Countdown" by Europe, you have come to the right place. Not so much because you will find it here, but because you, my friend, are awesome. And I want to talk to you.

First off, let me thank you for playing the trumpet. Good instrument choice. Let me also thank you for not playing ska. There's a genre that will never go back to what it once was. It's too complicated at this point. Nope, you aren't looking for ska, you're looking for something greater. Something more majestic. "The Final Countdown" is a song with a power that will never be matched in a song again.

It's from Sweden!

Think about it. Is there any other song on the planet that makes you feel the way that "The Final Countdown" does? No way, forget about it. Impossible. We all know that.

What's great about your visit is that you in your wide-eyed trumpet optimism think that the horn-like sound in this song is actually a horn. It's not. Our friend, nickname "Wiki," tells us:

The song is based on an old keyboard riff that vocalist Joey Tempest composed as early as around 198182, on a Korg Polysix keyboard that he borrowed from keyboardist Mic Michaeli. The synth riff used in the recording was performed on a Roland JX-8P.
But hey. I say go for it. Make it your own. It's probably better with a real trumpet. As a matter of fact, what the heck, once I figure what the staff for trumpet looks like (what is it, treble cleff? paging my sister-in-law...), I will transcribe and post the trumpet sheet music for "The Final Countdown." But you must promise me that you will send me a video of your performance of that talent show, marching band performance, or wherever it might be that you are performing this arrangement. I'll post 'em here, on the internet's premiere repository for "The Final Countdown" trumpet sheet music. I am not interested in any other kind of trumpet sheet music. Life is too short for other trumpet sheet musics. It's "The Final Countdown" or nothing.

Seriously though, this song sends chills down my spine. Yeah, I mean it's funny because it was Gob's theme song on Arrested Development, it experienced a well-deserved renaissance due to that, but even before Gob I always liked this song, and did it at karaoke whenever possible. The hopeless nerdiness of its sci-fi lyrics combined with the infectious beat and that wonderful synth pad (trans-continental code across the land for latent homosexuality) make it completely unique and absolutely unforgettable. I don't think I'm the only one who remembers exactly where he was the first time he heard this song. As I said before, there has not been and most likely never will be another song like it. So jam it. On the trumpet.

How a search for this hallowed term brought anyone here to this page I know not, but when I see a need, I seek to fill it.

Your friend,

-Mike

21 comments:

sarah k. said...

C clef?

sarah k. said...

Sorry, tenor clef?

bex said...

you are such a googlooper.

Unknown said...

That's just awesome. If someone does send you an audio clip, I'll have to play it at my wedding. Europe!

davor said...

I love stats like that. For a long time, months on end, people were finding my comic by searching for "peeing is fun" and "peeing fun" and "peeing for fun."

I like to think of it as good, clean fun. Nothing kinky.

rachel said...

It's like clarinet, just a regular old treble clef, but you have to write it up a whole step because its a B-flat instrument.

Or, you might have a handy little "transpose" button you can use. Although I consider that a cop-out.

Anonymous said...

Dude send me the sheet music and I will send you a video of me playing it. My email is big_guy380@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

hey can you send me a copy my e mail is "drurypowel2322@aim.com"

jjagerson said...

I am one of those that searched for that music and found your site. Very funny post! It was even better than what I was looking for.

Anonymous said...

Yo, can u send me a copy of the sheet music? holy_obvious.batman@yahoo.ca

Anonymous said...

Hey bro-send me some sweet music? my email's masonbump@netins.net

Anonymous said...

How do I actually get the sheet music?

Anonymous said...

nice post can u send me the sheet music copy please, my email is meyers.man@comcast.net. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

could you please send me that at robothehobo13@gmail.com thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hey please send me a copy of the sheet music my email is phantom23dog@yahoo .com

SionJones said...

Please send me a copy too =] My e-mail adress is sionjonesis@btinternet.com

elPincheCarlos said...

you better watch your mouth little piece of shit, ska is much more than your small head can understand, first educate yourself about ska and alternative genres and then you asshole tell me.

r-cheat said...

can u send me a copy pliss..??on my facebook wall..'r-cheat louvainda winky'..

tina said...

I loved playing this song in High School in marching band, but I lost my sheet music.

Anonymous said...

Send me a copy please. Email is bd9798@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

please send to dreamb4reality@yahoo.com thanx. Carrie WEstbay