Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Ode to the Mountain Dew Drinker

devil and dan

Dear Daniel

Will you sleep with pleasant dreams? Do your long-lost friends visit you in the night, under slightly different, sometimes more favorable circumstances? Mine do. Why do you like Mountain Dew so much? Did you know that it is one of the most sweetened beverages on the market? Maybe that is why. I like the sweet stuff too, but for me it is chocolate (particularly Skor bars), sometimes Dr. Pepper, sometimes Skittles or Chewy Sweet Tarts. It depends. Do you still think about the girl who married the guy who works at the funeral home? Does her image come to your mind from out of nowhere? They said it was a tragic story, but that the poetry of it fueled a thousand songs. A thousand beautiful songs, sounds that seem to make the world a softer, more familiar place. I don't know if that makes it any better, but I just thought you might like to know.

They said that you were the best singer/songwriter on the planet or something. Is the world finally starting to make more sense or less? Sometimes I can't really tell.

The old you and the new you, would you recognize who you were? I think the old me would be surprised at the current me, but that's just me. I mean, sometimes I just can't believe it.

Anyway, thanks a lot. You helped me realize how much I really have, and how much love there is around me.

Although I don't actually own any of your music (they made it seem like only selling 5,000 copies of an album is a failure) I consider myself a fan.

-SeƱor

No comments: