Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Really Good Palindrome

As you all know, I have loved palindromes since the 10th grade. I went through a serious palindrome craze. I had this piece of paper with the best ones I could find written down on it. If only I could find that piece of paper now, it would make the sweetest blog entry. For now, I offer you one of my favorites. I feel that this palindrome exhibits all of the good things that a palindrome should. Humor, quirk, semantic chutzpah, and of course, symmetrical spelling. Here goes:

Straw? No. Too stupid a fad. I put soot on warts.



p.s. This reminds me. The backwards spelling thing on Cranium Turbo is not as easy as you think, especially if you are going for a turbo card and have to do three of them. My own semi-Mexican roommate did not know how to spell guacamole, forwards or backwards. He thought there was a "w" in it,* and for that, I pretty much worship him.


* Last time I checked, the letter "w" doesn't occur naturally in Spanish.

No comments: