Monday, October 01, 2007

Caveman Movie Review: Dr. Bronner's Magic Soapbox



Hell yes!
This is a good one.
D o c u m e ntary about crazy soap genius,
Self-proclaimed rabbi, also Einstein's nephew.
Escaped a mental institution, invented magic soap.
Writes crazy philosophy stuff on soap bottle label,
For example,"Spaceship earth."
His son was in orphanages, foster homes,
But is somehow a huge fan.
Now he travels around giving away magic soap.
His son, he meets this hippie dude.
At first we laughed real hard at him.
Because he was such a tool.
But then hippie plays piano,
And we were like "whoa."
Seriously, whoa.
Is it perfect that we saw this movie on Haight?
A few blocks from Ashbury.
And afterwards went straight to the hippie convenience store,
And bought bottles of Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap?
In my zeal, I tried to brush my teeth with it.
Bad idea.
It does not taste as good as it smells.
But seriously.
Best d o c u m e n tary I've seen this year.


http://www.magicsoapbox.com

PS, why is myspace filtering out the word "dockumentary" (only spelled correctly)?
Every time I tried to type it, it comes up as this "..ary."
Bogus. Bogus. Bogus.
Time to switch.

2 comments:

anna b said...

Dr. Bronner's is my favorite soap!
Where did you rent this movie? I haven't been able to find it...

M. H. D. said...

I saw it in San Francisco. It's not out on video yet, but I am actually on the waitlist to buy this on DVD when it comes out, probably sometime in early '08. I guess you might have to wait a while to see this one, unless you pull one of those movie p-days.