Monday, October 01, 2007

If It's Really You, Then Answer This Question:

Sometimes when I'm on instant messenger I pretend to not believe that people are who they say they are. I'll say, "No, I don't think it's you. Some Russian has phished into your account and is pretending to be you so that they can find out my important secrets." It's a likely scenario, as I am privy to a lot of valuable secret information. Anyway, it's kind of fun to play this game, because you get to ask the person a question that only you and the other real person would know the answer to, and in doing so you realize that you have shared some unique experiences with that person, something that nobody else in the world is in on. Think of all the people you know, and think of a question that you might ask someone posing as them (either online or better yet, in some sci-fi scenario in which there is a possibility that a perpetrator is wearing some kind of suit that looks and sounds just like your friend) to make sure that they are who they really are. Did you think of it? Isn't that cool? Doesn't your world seem important?

Is this really me posting this blog, or someone who has hacked into Mike's account? If you want, ask me a question that only I would know.

No comments: