Monday, October 01, 2007

Pretty Much Perfect Albums, Pt. 1

bakesaleOh, what a wonderful world it is, thanks to Bakesale by Sebadoh. Not a bad tune on it. When I was looking for something to listen to on the way to Target today, I found this one in the stack, and knew it was going to be a sweet ride. I learned about this band from from hearing their name mentioned in the song of another band. In the song "Egg Dog" by Creedle, the guy says "but, you know, we (he and the Egg Dog) had good times hanging out, listening to John Zorn Painkiller and the new Sub Pop Sebadoh record." I'm not sure why, but I knew that I wanted to hear the new Sub Pop Sebadoh record, more than I did John Zorn. So I went over to Von's and bought it. I was 18. It was good. I had just broken up with Melanie Craig (where are you now, Melanie? You are probably a successful civil engineer. I hope you are well.), and I was really feeling it, this album really spoke to me. Whenever I put it on, it just feels perfect. I know it sounds cheesy, but it's like it's part of my history, part of my being.

"But I don't really want to lose this. Does it all depend on me? It's always personal between us. You never say what's on your mind."

"It's like wasting everything on someone else's dream."

"I gotta find a way to loosen up, cause I'm wound tighter than a magnet's coil. The longer I try to keep my mouth shut, the sooner this little brain is gonna boil."

"Crazy people are right on."

"I need the Dramamine to be as crazy as your scene."

"Heartbroken and attractive, a sad sloppy mess. Looking for approval, and easily impressed. "Beware" they say, but why would I listen, I need to know what I've been missin'. I'm no one you can trust, all little boy lonely and curious lust. Confusion turns me upside down, lost as quickly as I'm found, but soon enough it turns around, on the rebound. On the rebound."

"I'm not a good friend, I'm not a friend at all. It's never resolved. I'm nervous when you call.... Somehow I don't trust you, because I don't trust myself. I may never forgive you because I can't forgive myself."


"I've got a license to confuse."

These are some serious lyrics.


Here is the album on sendspace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

creedle was the band which could jump from a simple four track diddy to math rock mayhem within a simple break!